Production Solutions International is committed to providing best in class oilfield services through experienced personnel and modern equipment; with a specific emphasis on quality and safety of services provided. We aim to provide the best means for exploring and exploiting “resource plays” in select global markets.
Production Solutions International (PSI) is a completion and production service company that provides services to the oil, gas, and geothermal energy industries, with the goal of becoming the most trusted and reliable service company for its clients. The company is managed and staffed with experienced personnel from North America and the markets in which it operates.
Production Solutions is majority owned and managed by the Mitchell Group in Dallas, Texas. The Mitchell Group, through its history of investments in the United States and abroad, have drilled, completed, and produced thousands of wells. It’s through this experience that Production Solution offers its clients practical means for optimizing their well performance. Mitchell Group founder and Chairman of PSI, N. Malone Mitchell 3rd, has a longstanding history in the global oilfield services sector.
- Mr. Mitchell founded Riata Energy, Inc. in 1985, and within the first five years of business began acquiring small oilfield service (lines or companies). By the mid 1990s Riata began purchasing its own drilling rigs through its drilling subsidiary, Lariat Services. By 2006, Lariat had built a fleet of forty-six drilling rigs, an extensive fleet of workover units and related service equipment. In the same year, Lariat Services was reaching total depth on one well per day, becoming the largest privately held land driller in the United States.
- The Mitchell Group acquired Symbol in 2002. The company grew rapidly, becoming the second largest provider of underbalanced drilling services in the United States. The Mitchell Group sold Symbol in 2004 to Weatherford.
- The Mitchell Group founded Viking Drilling in 2008. Viking Drilling provides drilling services to the Permian and Anadarko Basins of Texas and Oklahoma and began reaching International under its subsidiary Viking International.
- The Mitchell Group acquired a controlling interest in Horizontal Well Drillers in 2010. Horizontal Well Drillers provides drilling services to the Permian, and Anadarko Basins of Texas and Oklahoma, the Appalachian Basin of Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia. The Mitchell Group sold their interest in Horizontal Well Drillers in 2014.
- The Mitchell Group founded Viking Coil Tubing in 2011, a completion, production, and industrial service company, focused on the Permian and Anadarko Basins of Texas and Oklahoma.
- The Mitchell Group acquired a controlling interest in Viking Services in 2012. Viking Services was a fully integrated oilfield service company with Geophysical, Drilling, Completion, and Production services. Viking Services provides its services to the Eastern Europe and Middle East markets. The Mitchell Group sold its interest in Viking Services in 2016.